By accessing and using ADIO’s website, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions of use. You should read them carefully and if you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use the website or any site linked to it.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
By accessing and using the website, you agree that ADIO may update or modify these terms and conditions and other terms, policies or information of or on the website at any time without advance notice.
Modified terms and conditions and other terms, policies or information will take effect once posted on the website, unless otherwise stated. You should re-read these terms and conditions every time you visit the website to ensure that you are aware of all current terms and conditions. Accordingly, your continued access and use of the website after any modification is deemed to be acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
By accessing the website, you agree that you will not:
- deface, alter or interfere with the front end “look and feel” or content of the website or any linked sites or the underlying software code;
- take any action, which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website or related infrastructure;
- do anything, which will or might damage, interfere with, disrupt access to, interrupt or impair the functionality of the material available on or through ADIO’s website, nor to upload any material that contains any computer viruses or other codes, files or programmes designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or equipment;
- post, distribute or otherwise upload any defamatory, libellous, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, racially or ethnically objectionable or otherwise unlawful material or information or send any chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming' material or any other form of bulk communication, advertising or solicitation;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- use ADIO’s website to commit a criminal offence or to encourage others to engage in any conduct which would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability;
- obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to ADIO’s website or any private or member account areas on the website, nor to impersonate any person or misrepresent your affiliation with another person; post any material that infringes upon or violates the intellectual property rights of another, do, cause or permit anything to be done that may infringe, damage or interfere with any intellectual property rights of ADIO, Abu Dhabi Government or third parties. Also, not to do anything that is otherwise unlawful or which may create any liability on the part of ADIO or Abu Dhabi Government; or collect or store personal information about others.
If ADIO considers that you have breached any of these terms and conditions or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct when using the website, ADIO reserves the right to:
- warn you that you have breached these terms and conditions, and ask you to stop such conduct;
- delete any material or content, which you may have posted without notice to you;
- take measures (including terminating, suspending or restricting your access) to, and preventing you from using ADIO’s website;
- report your activities to an internet service provider or relevant authorities; and/or
- take legal action against you.
Please click here to view our Intellectual Property statement.
Rights you licence
When you upload or post content to the website, you automatically grant ADIO a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide and non exclusive licence to use, store, copy and distribute such content as ADIO determine, acting reasonably.
Certain areas of ADIO’s website are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to request support or services online by entering personal information. You agree that any information you provide in these areas will be complete and accurate. Furthermore, you agree that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter ADIO’s website under the name of, another person, and that you will not adopt a username that is offensive, as determined by ADIO in its sole discretion.
Links to Third-Parties' Websites
ADIO’s website may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. Neither ADIO nor Abu Dhabi Government operates or controls, in any respect, any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by ADIO or Abu Dhabi Government. You assume sole responsibility for use of third-party links and pointers.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold ADIO indemnified from and against any claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis), expenses or payments whatsoever, which ADIO suffers, incurs, or is liable for, whether or not contemplated by the parties, arising out of claims resulting from your use of ADIO’s website including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions. You agree to cooperate fully in the defence of any such claim. ADIO reserves the right to assume, at its own expense, the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You must not settle any matter without the prior written consent of ADIO.
Disclaimer of Warranty
You expressly understand and agree that your use of ADIO’s website and applications and any material available through this website is at your own risk. Neither ADIO nor Abu Dhabi Government warrant that ADIO’s website will be uninterrupted, problem-free, free of omissions, or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of ADIO’s website. The content and function of ADIO’s website are provided to you, to the extent permitted by law, without warranties of any kind, whether such warranties are express or implied.
Limitation of Liability
ADIO and Abu Dhabi Government expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and guarantees, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise. Neither ADIO nor Abu Dhabi Government will be liable for any damages or injury caused by, including, but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus or line failure. Neither ADIO nor Abu Dhabi Government will be liable for any damages or injury, including, but not limited to, incidental, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on or through this website, even if there is negligence, or ADIO or an authorised ADIO representative has been advised, knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages (including for loss of profits, use, data or other economic advantage).
The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. In such cases, the total liability ADDA and Abu Dhabi Government to you for all losses, damages and causes of action (in contract, tort including without limitation, negligence, or otherwise) will not be greater than the amount you paid to access this website.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of ADIO’s website is and these terms and conditions are subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates, as applicable in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. ADIO reserves the right to bring proceedings to the courts of the country of your location.