By accessing and using ADIO’s website, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions of use. You should read them carefully and if you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use the website or any site linked to it.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
By accessing and using the website, you agree that ADIO may update or modify these terms and conditions and other terms, policies or information of or on the website at any time without advance notice.
Modified terms and conditions and other terms, policies or information will take effect once posted on the website, unless otherwise stated. You should re-read these terms and conditions every time you visit the website to ensure that you are aware of all current terms and conditions. Accordingly, your continued access and use of the website after any modification is deemed to be acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
Suspension or withdrawal of the website
ADIO does not guarantee that the website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. ADIO may suspend, withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the website for business and operational reasons.
By accessing the website, you agree that you will not:
• Deface, alter or interfere with the front end “look and feel” or content of the website or any linked sites or the underlying software code;
• Take any action, which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website or related infrastructure;
• Do anything, which will or might damage, interfere with, disrupt access to, interrupt or impair the functionality of the material available on or through ADIO’s website, nor to upload any material that contains any computer viruses or other codes, files or programmes designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or equipment;
• Post, distribute or otherwise upload any defamatory, libellous, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, racially or ethnically objectionable or otherwise unlawful material or information or send any chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming' material or any other form of bulk communication, advertising or solicitation;
• Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship;
• Use ADIO’s website to commit a criminal offence or to encourage others to engage in any conduct which would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability;
• Obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to ADIO’s website or any private or member account areas on the website, nor to impersonate any person or misrepresent your affiliation with another person; post any material that infringes upon or violates the intellectual property rights of another, do, cause or permit anything to be done that may infringe, damage or interfere with any intellectual property rights of ADIO, Abu Dhabi Government or third parties. Also, not to do anything that is otherwise unlawful or which may create any liability on the part of ADIO or Abu Dhabi Government; or collect or store personal information about others.
If ADIO considers that you have breached any of these terms and conditions or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct when using the website, ADIO reserves the right to:
• Warn you that you have breached these terms and conditions, and ask you to stop such conduct;
• Delete any material or content, which you may have posted, without notice to you;
• Take measures (including terminating, suspending or restricting your access) to, and preventing you from using ADIO’s website;
• Report your activities to an internet service provider or relevant authorities; and/or
• Take legal action against you.
Please click here to view our Intellectual Property statement.
Uploading content to the website
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the website, or to make contact with other users of the website, you must comply with the content standards set out in these terms and conditions.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to ADIO and indemnify ADIO for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage ADIO suffers as a result of your breach of warranty.
ADIO also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
ADIO has the right to remove any posting you make on the website if, in ADIO’s opinion, your post does not comply with these terms and conditions.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you licence
Any content you upload to the website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but when you upload or post content to the website, you automatically grant ADIO a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide and non-exclusive licence to use, store, copy and distribute such content and make it available to third parties.
Certain areas of ADIO’s website are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to request support or services online by entering personal information. You agree that any information you provide in these areas will be complete and accurate. Furthermore, you agree that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter ADIO’s website under the name of, another person, and that you will not adopt a username that is offensive, as determined by ADIO in its sole discretion.
Links to Third-Parties' Websites
ADIO’s website may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. Neither ADIO nor Abu Dhabi Government operates or controls, in any respect, any information, products or services on such third party sites. Third party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by ADIO or Abu Dhabi Government of any third party website or content. You assume sole responsibility for use of third party links and pointers.
Rules about linking to the website
You may link to ADIO’s website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage ADIO’s reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on ADIO’s part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the website in any website that is not owned by you.
The website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the ADIO website other than the home page.
ADIO reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold ADIO indemnified from and against any claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis), expenses or payments whatsoever, which ADIO suffers, incurs, or is liable for, whether or not contemplated by the parties, arising out of claims resulting from your use of ADIO’s website including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions. You agree to cooperate fully in the defence of any such claim. ADIO reserves the right to assume, at its own expense, the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You must not settle any matter without the prior written consent of ADIO.
Disclaimer of Warranty
You understand and agree that your use of ADIO’s website, applications and any material available through this website is at your own risk. Neither ADIO nor Abu Dhabi Government warrant that ADIO’s website will be uninterrupted, problem-free, free of omissions, or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of ADIO’s website. The content and function of ADIO’s website are provided to you, to the extent permitted by law, without warranties of any kind, whether such warranties are express or implied.
Limitation of Liability
ADIO and Abu Dhabi Government expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and representations or other terms that may apply to the website or any content on it, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise.
Neither ADIO nor Abu Dhabi Government will be liable for any loss, damages (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) or injury caused by, including, but not limited to, arising out of or in connection with:
• Use of, or inability to use, the website;
• Use of or reliance on any content displayed on the website (inclusive of content uploaded by You); or
• Any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus or line failure in connection with the website.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, neither ADIO nor Abu Dhabi Government will be liable for any damages or injury, including, but not limited to, incidental, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on or through this website, even if there is negligence, or ADIO or an authorised ADIO representative has been advised, knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages (including for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue, anticipated savings, business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, use, data or other economic advantage).
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of ADIO’s website and these terms and conditions are subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates, as applicable in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. ADIO reserves the right to bring proceedings to the courts of the country of your location.